Malaysia Family Tour Guide To Have The Perfect Budget Vacation
The culturally diverse Malaysia, with its modern yet humble cities, poses as one of the best vacation destinations. Furthermore, it is home to a plethora of attractions that are always ready to entertain one and all. From caves to museums and theme parks to sky-kissing towers, Malaysia has everything to leave the visitors in awe. And how can we forget the pristine beaches that attract hordes of vacationers! But can one enjoy a family vacation in Malaysia under budget? While this vast country with its dynamic cities comes off as a high-end destination, does it have any place for budget family vacationers? Yes, it absolutely does! Take a look at this Malaysia tour guide and you will know how to have a perfect budget family vacation in Malaysia.
1. When to visit Malaysia with family?
Malaysia experiences a significant amount of rainfall throughout the year. This leaves you with a small window of choice when it comes to opting for the best time to visit Malaysia with family. To be in harmony with the weather conditions, November to March is an ideal time to visit Malaysia. Overall, December and January would be the favorable months to visit as kids would be having their Christmas holidays. With least amount of rainfall being experienced, you will be able to enjoy the outdoors to the optimum.
2. Where to stay in Malaysia on a budget?
Finding budget accommodations suitable for families may prove to be difficult in other parts of the countries, but not in Malaysia. While it does boast of luxurious hotels and beach resorts, there are also many humble accommodations in Malaysia for families. Starting from the reasonably priced hotels like Vistana Kuala Lumpur Titiwangsa to moderately priced homestays, Malaysia is home to a variety of accommodations. A few of the prime places in Malaysia that are best to stay in along with family include Kuala Lumpur, Penang, and Malacca.
3. Where to go in Malaysia with kids?
When in Malaysia there is no dearth of attractions that would entertain your family and kids. You won’t have to worry a minute about keeping your kids occupied, for they would be having a blast visiting Malaysia. Here are a few of the many places to visit in Malaysia for having a memorable family vacation -
Seems like this place in Malaysia is designed just for the joy of kids. While stepping into the winter wonderland of Malaysia - Snow World would be a cherishable memory, visiting the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not museum would be a fun and educational tour. And not to miss is the exhilarating cable car ride of Awana Skyway.
Penang is undoubtedly a kids’ paradise. From the ESCAPE Theme Park to the Penang 3D Trick Art Museum, this state in Malaysia has several attractions to keep kids entertained. Click family photos at the 3D Trick Art Museum for some quirky memories. And don’t miss a visit to George Town where it would be fun to spot the lovely street art murals.
Theme parks, aquariums, butterfly parks, science discovery centers, or museums. Name it and you will find several family- and kid-friendly attractions in Kuala Lumpur. While the skyscrapers will leave you awestruck, numerous places here will tempt you to go on a shopping spree.
The Rawa Island in Malaysia is where you would get to enjoy the sun, the sand, and the sea. With miles and miles of white sandy beaches, the kids have a vast playground to build sandcastles and engage in a number of beach sports. Said to be the best place to enjoy snorkeling, you and your older kids can explore the beautiful marine life under the crystal clear waters of Malaysia. For a quiet and relaxing family vacation in Malaysia, Pulau Rawa is certainly the place to be.
Johor Bahru, the capital city of Johor state in Malaysia, has a plethora of attractions that may sound kid-friendly but are designed to entertain visitors of all age. Being home to LEGOLAND, Sanrio Hello Kitty Town, Angry Birds Activity Park, and Johor Zoo, one simply cannot ignore Johor Bahru as an ideal destination in Malaysia to have fun with family and kids.
4. A few more tips to have the best family vacation in Malaysia under budget
- Since you wish to have a budget vacation in Malaysia with family, it is advised to book accommodations much in advance. Not only will you be able to get the accommodation of your liking, but you will also be able to save a significant amount in advance booking.
- Malaysia is a vast country with numerous things to do. Don’t try to cover all the attractions in just one visit. Let the kids take their time in exploring the places you decide to visit.
- Traveling on a budget, it is recommended that you take the trains and buses to move around in Malaysia. Avoid taxis for they may cost you more. When in Malaysia, a ride through a trishaw is a must. However, before getting into any trishaw, first settle for the rental price.
- You simply cannot give up on Malaysian street food during your vacation. But, you must see to it that the kids do not get an upset tummy.
With this guide in hand, you will certainly have a great budget family vacation in Malaysia.